The memory card is useful and low-cost data storage device that is most widely used in cameras, mobile phones, music players, and other gadgets. One can add or remove files from memory card without spending much time. At the same time, memory cards has some limitations and one such limitation is that they can get corrupted severely and become dead at any point of time, due to which the entire files in memory cards becomes unreadable and so users have to face severe data loss
Now, let us consider a scenario where you have captured hundreds of images in a memorable event and are saved in the memory card of your digital camera. After the event, in the intention of copying those captured images to your computer, you turned on the system and connected the memory card to it. But, the system failed to detect the memory card. This situation had made you feel that the memory card has gone dead resulting in loss of all your vital information
What will you do now? How will you recover data from dead memory card? Don’t worry, just read on to know how to recover files from dead Micro SD card, XD, SD, SDXC, CF, MMC, SDHC, memory stick, etc. easily in few clicks. As of now, let us know what are all the reasons behind memory card going dead and so not detected on your system?
- Memory card usually gets infected by a virus, when you copy files from an infected system. If your memory card is infected with harmful viruses and malware, then it can go dead because these dangerous programs damages the entire file system and makes it inaccessible
- A memory card can go dead due to sudden power outage or abrupt shutdown of the system when it is being accessed. Or else, it can go dead due to sudden power outage during formatting process going on
- Removing the memory card from the system, camera, or other devices abruptly while read/write process is going on, can corrupt the card that in turn can make it dead
- Canceling or halting the formatting process can make your memory card dead due to which you lose access to the files stored in it.
Do not get upset, if your memory card goes dead due to any of the above-mentioned reasons. Because Remo Recover is an effective and reliable data recovery software that supports dead memory card recovery. The trial version of the software is available for free download, just download and install it on your computer. Then, launch it and with its advanced scanning technology, it scans the dead memory card and recovers videos, images, audio files, Word documents, PowerPoint files, spreadsheets, and much more in few clicks of a mouse. After the completion of recovery process, it permits you to preview the recovered files in either “File Type View” or “Data View”.
Key features of Remo Recover application:
- It recovers data from corrupt, damaged, formatted, dead, reformatted, and unmountable memory cards
- It creates a disk image of the dead memory card and later recovers each and every file from it very safely and securely
- Supports all major brands of memory cards such as Kingston, SanDisk, PNY, Corsair, Lexar, Sony, Samsung, etc.
- Apart from memory card, it is also capable of recovering deleted as well as lost files from hard disk drives, pen drives, flash drives, thumb drives, FireWire drives, etc.
- The demo version comes out with “Save Recovery Session” feature that helps you in preventing rescanning of your dead memory card again and again. Rather, you can save the recovered files by resuming the recovery session using “Open Recovery Session” option
- It provides 24/7 technical support to its users to solve your queries related to the product
Precautions to be taken to avoid flash drive going dead:
- Always use Safe Remove option while ejecting the memory card from computer
- Do not copy or share files from/to a virus infected system. It is safer to install reliable anti-virus software on your system in order to get rid of virus
- Never eject the memory card from any digital media device when read/write process is in progress