When you have a bulk of emails on your Outlook and you are looking for some particular items then you usually go with the Outlook search feature. Nonetheless, at some occasion you might find trouble in searching for any important Outlook item. You might get an error saying – Outlook instant search not working. Eventually you may fail to access the required email objects on your Windows computer. In addition to this, the indexing problems in Outlook appears due to following reasons-
- Incompletely indexed Outlook PST file
- Issues with installed add-ins
- Oversized PST or large sized email attachments
- Improperly terminated Outlook program
- Outlook corruption and other errors
How to resolve Outlook indexing issues?
- If you find issues with the Outlook’s instant search options then go to Tools -> Options -> Search options -> under Search Index dialog choose the PST file to index.
- You can also use the Outlook’s inbox repair tool, the SCANPST.EXE to overcome corruptions with your email profile. The scanpst tool scans your profile and attempts to fix it automatically.
- On the other hand, you have the Remo Recover software to fix indexing issue in Outlook email. It is possible to run this utility on any Windows computers (Windows 10 until XP).
Run Remo Outlook Repair tool
Download: Get the program installed on your computer by following the provided guidelines.
Run: Open the program and click on Open PST File option. Continue to specify the location of your Outlook data file.
Scan: Pick a scan method – whether Smart Scan or Normal Scan
Preview and Save: Once after completion of scan process, proceed to preview the data file. You can then choose a target location to save your files on the PC.